Structural Engineer Offshore Innovations
We are looking for a structural engineer who be responsible for the structural development and design of new and/or modified equipment for pipelay, heavy lift, polymetallic nodule collection vessels or river waste collection systems. From design to fabrication to commissioning, the engineer will be involved in the whole development process.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, civil, mechanical or structural engineering;
– Candidates shall be (or become) VCA VOL certified;
– Strong analytical skills and technical insight;
– Creative and resilient mind-set;
– Good English communication skills, both written and spoken;
– Ability to work independently and in a team;
– Valid working permit in the Netherlands;
– You are self sufficient, proactive, curious and a problem solver;
– Willingness to work offshore occasionally, depending on the nature of your project.
– 3D Structural Analysis software;
– 2D and 3D Design Software;
– Analyse and prepare project specifications for construction or conversion of vessels, lifting appliances or special equipment needed for polymetallic nodule collection;
– Develop equipment for our renewables market such as wind turbines installation or river waste removal;
– Prepare designs, design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work within scope, budget and schedule;
– Identify the risks and consequences of the vessel or equipment related to the strength/ stability/safety/class approval, etc.;
– Perform hand and detailed calculations using FEM analysis;
– Prepare plans and procedures for the installation and inspection of equipment and discuss these procedures with the project team and the offshore personnel responsible for the execution;
– Liaise with project teams, subcontractors, crew, clients and certification authorities;
– Opportunity to stay on board our vessels as a Field Engineer and provide installation support.
A CV is a word or pdf document containing your past and current working experience. You CV must be 4 A4 pages maximum, must contain your past and current employers, begin and end date(s) (months and years) of employment, number of hours per week and the contact information of the employer(s).
This is a MS Word or pdf document containing a description of prior working experience, begin and end date and the contact information of the employer(s).