Social Scientist or Sociology
We are looking for a candidate with experience in stakeholder engagement and facilitation in information specifically to inform the public, stakeholders, government, etc on environmental resource management (water quality, biodiversity, ecosystems, habitats, etc) related to developing economic biodiversity‐focused legislature, policy, decision-making & management. Candidate should be able to present and communicate landscape classifications, biodiversity assessments, economic valuations of natural resources (such as grasslands, seagrass, mangroves, etc.) to stakeholders, law-makers, policy-makers, conservationists and the public. Must be acquainted with and comfortable with Dutch Caribbean culture, history and political environment.
Phd, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Development Studies, Natural Resource Management or related field;
– Written and oral proficiency in English is a requirement, Dutch is an advantage;
– Adequate knowledge of employing GIS, remote sensing tools and data, etc. to create biodiversity, ecosystems, habitat maps;
– Employing GIS, remote sensing, tools such QGIS is a benefit;
– Knowledge of Python, R(studio), Excel ;
– Ability to work independently and in a team;
– Valid working permit in the Netherlands & Caribbean;
– Self sufficient, proactive, curious and a problem solver;
– Strong interpersonal and good communication skills with the ability to work effectivel;
– Insightful, accurate, perceptive, etc.;
– Creative and resilient mindset.
– Stakeholder engagement;
– Creating or contribute to presentations in English in public;
– Holding presentation, workshops, discussions in English in public;
– Site visits abroad (Caribbean);
– Exposure to the complete project life cycle from concept to execution.
A CV is a word or pdf document containing your past and current working experience. Your CV must be 4 A4 pages maximum, must contain your past and current employers, begin and end date(s) (months and years) of employment, number of hours per week and the contact information of the employer(s).
This is a MS Word or pdf document containing a description of prior working experience, begin and end date and the contact information of the employer(s).