Nature Based Solutions
In our commitment to deliver nature-based solutions for sustainable resilient environmental management and conservation we are looking for a candidate with experience in developing and implementing solutions that are supported by nature, promote resilience, while achieving and producing societal, environmental, and economic benefits. Hence, nature-based solutions. Nature-based solutions can be functional in various environments including coastal, fresh water, wetlands and urban settings. The candidate must be able to acquire in-depth knowledge of the complex interactions between bio-physical, socio-economic, climate change and governmental aspects of ecosystems. Additionally, the candidate must be able to identify which functions and services ecosystems have and can provide and recognise how these functions are valued. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to distinguish realistic alternatives that lead to not only mitigation and compensation of issues, but also to safeguarding and sustainability of ecosystems moving into the future.
The candidate must also be able to engage in philosophical debates and reporting with governments, law-makers, stakeholders and the public regarding nature-based solutions. Must be acquainted with and comfortable with Dutch Caribbean culture, history and political environment.
Phd, Master’s degree in Nature Based Solutions, Biodiversity, Natural Capital, Conservation or related field;
– Knowledge of Nature based solutions (NBS), land use regulations and urban planning regulations;
– Knowledge of ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change, ecological restoration and sustainable use of natural resources is required;
– Knowledge of environmental and climate change policies related to the Caribbean;
– Ability to develop technical documents (publications are an asset)
– Adequate knowledge of employing GIS, remote sensing tools and data, etc.;
– Employing GIS, remote sensing, tools such QGIS;
– Knowledge of Python, R(studio), Power BI, Excel, SQL ;
– Good English (and Dutch) communication skills, both written and verbal;
– Ability to work independently and in a team;
– Valid working permit in the Netherlands & Caribbean;
– Self sufficient, proactive, curious and a problem solver;
– Strong interpersonal and good communication skills with the ability to work effectively;
– Insightful, accurate, perceptive, etc.;
– Creative and resilient mindset.
– Develop solution towards realization of nature-based-solutions;
– Develop policy, management impacts models, cost-benefit analysis, implementation strategies, sustainability plans, etc;
– Mapping relationships of animals, plants, seasons, etc.
– Site visits abroad (Caribbean);
– Exposure to the complete project life cycle from concept to execution.
A CV is a word or pdf document containing your past and current working experience. Your CV must be 4 A4 pages maximum, must contain your past and current employers, begin and end date(s) (months and years) of employment, number of hours per week and the contact information of the employer(s).
This is a MS Word or pdf document containing a description of prior working experience, begin and end date and the contact information of the employer(s).