Natural Capital Assessment
An exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate who can execute ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provide advice related to soil, land use, hydrological issues, ecosystem service, natural capital assessment, biodiversity strategies, etc. The candidate must understand and be able to apply approaches to the measurement and valuation of natural capital, ecosystem service flow and biodiversity value. You must also be able to think comprehensively about problems involving multiple challenges related to environmental policies, nature conservation, and many more.
The candidate must also be able to engage in philosophical debates and reporting with governments, law-makers, stakeholders and the public regarding ecosystem service, natural capital assessment, biodiversity strategies, etc. Must be acquainted with and comfortable with Dutch Caribbean culture, history and political environment.
Phd, Master’s degree in Natural Capital Assessment, Ecology Consultant, Sustainability Scientist, Natural Asset Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management or related field;
– Experience in writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs);
– Demonstrates understanding of and applies environmental legislation, policy and guidance;
– Undertake and assist on ecological assessments and surveys;
– Assist with producing biodiversity strategies and other documents;
– Participate in workshops and training related to best practices and survey standards;
– Excellent understanding of the concepts of natural capital and ecosystem service valuation;
– MCIEEM and CEnv/CEcol (desirable);
– Adequate knowledge of employing GIS, remote sensing tools and data, etc.;
– Knowledge of Python, R(studio), Power BI, Excel, SQL ;
– Good English (and Dutch) communication skills, both written and verbal;
– Ability to work independently and in a team;
– Valid working permit in the Netherlands & Caribbean;
– Self sufficient, proactive, curious and a problem solver;
– Strong interpersonal and good communication skills with the ability to work effectively;
– Analytical, insightful, accurate, perceptive, innovative, etc.;
– Creative, resilient mindset and enthusiastic about nature conservation.
– Contribute to the production of other ecological reports such as the scoping and baseline sections of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIAs);
Optimization of ecosystem management and biodiversity net gain reports;
– Develop economic valuation models and strategies for biodiversity, ecosystems, etc;
– Develop policy, management impacts models, cost-benefit analysis, implementation strategies, sustainability plans, etc;
– Responsible for providing technical and scientific expertise;
– Deliver high quality maps using open data, etc.
– Site visits abroad (Caribbean);
– Exposure to the complete project life cycle from concept to execution.
A CV is a word or pdf document containing your past and current working experience. Your CV must be 4 A4 pages maximum, must contain your past and current employers, begin and end date(s) (months and years) of employment, number of hours per week and the contact information of the employer(s).
This is a MS Word or pdf document containing a description of prior working experience, begin and end date and the contact information of the employer(s).