Hydraulic or Environmental Engineer
We are looking for (a) candidate(s) to join our disaster risk management department. You will be part of a team of experienced engineers working on projects related to climate change, flood risk management, disaster risk management, etc. You will be involved in providing advice and recommendations to local and state officials, and working on contracts and reports for various maritime civil engineering projects. Additionally, and you will perform a variety of assignments related early warning systems in South East Asia and the Caribbean through the application of basic civil engineering theories. We will help you solidify your theoretical knowledge and build your experience.
PhD, Master’s degree or equivalent in environmental engineering, environmental science, disaster risk management, geography, hydrology, climate change or other relevant fields.;
– Candidates shall be (or become) VCA VOL certified;
– Adequate knowledge of flood & marine international codes, euro codes and local annexes;
– Adequate knowledge of flood modelling software;
– Good English, Dutch and/or French;
– Ability to work independently and in a team;
– Valid working permit in the Netherlands;
– You are self sufficient, proactive, curious and a problem solver.
– 2D and 3D flood/ wave modelling or flood simulation software;
– 2D and 3D Design Software;
– Calculation for physical (building, property or economic) depth damage functions;
– Drafting policy with regards to disaster risk reduction;
– Site visits and construction support;
– Exposure to the complete project life cycle from concept to execution.
A CV is a word or pdf document containing your past and current working experience. You CV must be 4 A4 pages maximum, must contain your past and current employers, begin and end date(s) (months and years) of employment, number of hours per week and the contact information of the employer(s).
This is a MS Word or pdf document containing a description of prior working experience, begin and end date and the contact information of the employer(s).